Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India
An Acknowledged National Resource Institute for Entrepreneurship Education, Research, Training & Institution Building.
Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDI), an autonomous and not-for-profit institute, set up in 1983, is sponsored by apex financial institutions - the IDBI Bank Ltd., IFCI Ltd., ICICI Bank Ltd. and the State Bank of India (SBI). The Government of Gujarat pledged twenty-three acres of land on which stands the majestic and sprawling EDI campus. To pursue its mission, EDI has helped set up twelve state-level exclusive entrepreneurship development centres and institutes. One of the satisfying achievements, however, was taking entrepreneurship to a large number of schools, colleges, science and technology institutions and management schools in several states by including entrepreneurship inputs in their curricula. In view of EDI's expertise in Entrepreneurship, the University Grants Commission had also assigned EDI the task of developing curriculum on Entrepreneurship and the Gujarat Textbook Board assigned to it the task of developing textbooks on Entrepreneurship for 11th & 12th standards. At the international level, to institutionalise entrepreneurship movement, the institute has established EDI-like affiliate institutes in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam. Presently, it is in the process of setting up ED Institution in Uzbekistan.
In order to broaden the frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, EDI has established a Centre for Research in Entrepreneurship Education and Development (CREED), to investigate into a range of issues surrounding, small and medium enterprises sector through its publication, “The Journal of Entrepreneurship”. CREED also establishes a network of researchers and trainers by conducting a biennial seminar on entrepreneurship education and research.
In the international arena, efforts to develop entrepreneurship by way of sharing resources and organising training programmes, have helped EDI earn accolades and support from the World Bank, Commonwealth Secretariat, UNIDO, ILO, FNSt, British Council, Ford Foundation, European Union, ASEAN Secretariat and several other renowned agencies.In recognition of its international achievements, the United Nations Economic & Social Commission for Asia and Pacific (UN-ESCAP), Bangkok, Thailand, has declared EDI as a 'Center of Excellence'.
Important Research Projects Completed:
- Impact of New Economic Policy on SMEs
- A Study on Entry Barriers to Entrepreneurship: As Perceived by Youth
- Entrepreneurship Curriculum for Vocational Education in Colleges
- Dynamics of Industrial Clusters in India
- Growth of Firms and Entrepreneurial Competencies
- Doing Business in India: Issues and Implications
- National Evaluation of Entrepreneurship Development Programmes
- Micro-Enterprise Development in Himalayan Region: The Indian Experience
- Role of Small Business Associations in Changing Economic Environment
- Impact of GATT on SMEs
- Address: P.O. Bhat 382 428, Dist. Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India.
- Phone: +91-79-23969151 | +91-79-23969153
- Email: email@example.com